Friday, November 9, 2007

Technocrati

Official Overload

OK. I had a look at technocrati last week-end, but I had one of those moments where I couldn't find a blog I was interested enough in to tag. I get the picture. Keep track of your favorite bloggers and let everyone else know who your favourite bloggers are. Sharing sharing. Yes I am sharing as much as I can.

I know I am not the only one who suffers from computer overload. I confess that I recently let lapse my email account which I have had for nearly 8 years. Plus I still use a land line connection at home. Strangely enough it is faster then the mega broadband which functions with the aid of a huge tower on the roof of our building sucking in waves from all over inner Melbourne to make our library computers work. For a while when I lived in the leafy eastern suburbs I was "stealing" wireless from at least three of my neighbours.

My beautiful Macintosh sits gathering dust on my home workstation. Its a beautiful piece of machinery but sadly at six years it is ready for retirement. So what am I using. My partner's 12 month old Toshiba.

These musings are a pre-amble to the point of this weeks exercise. That is to share thoughts on the future of libraries. Here we go, more sharing.

No comments: